The Go is provided with two installation options for Windows users:
- a zip archive that requires you to set some environment variables;
- an MSI installer that configures your installation automatically.
From download page get the latest version of Go, the .zip version then follows the next steps:
- open Control Panel --> System;
- click on Advanced system settings;
- click Environment variables...
- add a new system variable:
where c:\go is the go root folder
- add the go bin folder to the Path variable: ;%GOROOT%\bin;
From download page get the latest version of Go, the .msi version. Run the .msi file and follow the wizard. The installer will setup the GOROOT system variable and will add the bin folder to the path.
To check the installation run the following command:
C:\Users\ADM>go version go version go1.8 windows/amd64 C:\Users\ADM>
- Golang website